Thursday, April 7, 2011

They shall see his face

Daily Light Devotions - April 8 - Evening

They shall see his face.

They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 1

Moses said, "Please show me your glory." But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live." 2

No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known. 3

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. 4

I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near: a star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel; it shall crush the forehead of Moab and break down all the sons of Sheth. 5

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, 6

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. 7

Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 8

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 9

______________

1 Rev 22:4; 2 Exo 33:18,20; 3 John 1:18; 4 Rev 1:7; 5 Num 24:17; 6 Job 19:25,26; 7 Psa 17:15; 8 1 John 3:2; 9 1 Thess 4:16,17

No comments: