Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seekest thou great things for thyself?

Daily Light Devotions - April 15 - Evening

Seekest thou great things for thyself?

And do you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not, for behold, I am bringing disaster upon all flesh, declares the LORD. But I will give you your life as a prize of war in all places to which you may go." 1

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 2

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 3

And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 4

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 5

Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 6

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 7

______________

1 Jer 45:5; 2 Matt 11:29; 3 Phil 2:5-8; 4 Matt 10:38; 5 1 Pet 2:21; 6 1 Tim 6:6-8; 7 Phil 4:11

No comments: