Saturday, April 9, 2011

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD

Daily Light Devotions - April 9 - Evening

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD.

I will recount the steadfast love of the LORD, the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has granted us, and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love. 1

He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. 2

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 3

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 4

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 5

and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 6

who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. 7

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 8

______________

1 Isa 63:7; 2 Psa 40:2; 3 Gal 2:20; 4 Rom 8:32; 5 Rom 5:8; 6 2 Cor 1:22; 7 Eph 1:14; 8 Eph 2:4-6

No comments: