Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I will hope continually

Daily Light Devotions - April 28 - Evening

I will hope continually ...

But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more. 1

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 2

Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 3

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. 4

I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 5

Of David, when he changed his behavior before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away. I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 6

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. A Song. Praise is due to you, O God, in Zion, and to you shall vows be performed. 7

And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!" 8

The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!" 9

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 10

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 11
______________

1 Psa 71:14;
2 Phil 3:12;
3 Heb 6:1;
4 Prov 4:18;
5 Psa 116:1,2;
6 Psa 34:1;
7 Psa 65:1;
8 Rev 4:8;
9 Psa 50:23;
10 1 Thess 5:16-18;
11 Phil 4:4

No comments: