Monday, April 18, 2011

His word was in mine heart as a burning fire

Daily Light Devotions - April 19 - Evening

His word was in mine heart as a burning fire ...

If I say, "I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name," there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot. 1

For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel. 2

So they called them and charged them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge, for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard." 3

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; 4

so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 5

And he did not permit him but said to him, "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." 6

______________

1 Jer 20:9; 2 1 Cor 9:16,18; 3 Acts 4:18-20; 4 2 Cor 5:14; 5 Matt 25:25-27; 6 Mark 5:19

No comments: