Monday, April 18, 2011

Everlasting consolation

Daily Light Devotions - April 18 - Evening

Everlasting consolation.

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 1

yet I will remember my covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish for you an everlasting covenant. 2

For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. 3

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 4

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 5

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 6

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 7

For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." 8

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 9

Arise and go, for this is no place to rest, because of uncleanness that destroys with a grievous destruction. 10

For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come. 11

______________

1 2 Thess 2:16; 2 Eze 16:60; 3 Heb 10:14; 4 Heb 7:25; 5 2 Tim 1:12; 6 Rom 11:29; 7 Rom 8:35; 8 Rev 7:17; 9 1 Thess 4:17,18; 10 Micah 2:10; 11 Heb 13:14

No comments: