Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thou heardest the voice of my supplications

Daily Light Devotions - April 16 - Morning

... Thou heardest the voice of my supplications.

I had said in my alarm, "I am cut off from your sight." But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to you for help. 1

I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me. 2

water closed over my head; I said, 'I am lost.' "I called on your name, O LORD, from the depths of the pit; you heard my plea, 'Do not close your ear to my cry for help!' You came near when I called on you; you said, 'Do not fear!' 3

"Will the Lord spurn forever, and never again be favorable? Has his steadfast love forever ceased? Are his promises at an end for all time? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he in anger shut up his compassion?" Selah Then I said, "I will appeal to this, to the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. 4

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! 5

______________

1 Psa 31:22; 2 Psa 69:2; 3 Lam 3:54-57; 4 Psa 77:7-11; 5 Psa 27:13

No comments: