Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fear not; for I have redeemed thee

Daily Light Devotions - April 9 - Morning

Fear not; for I have redeemed thee.

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 1

"Fear not, for you will not be ashamed; be not confounded, for you will not be disgraced; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more. For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. 2

I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. 3

but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 4

Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name. He will surely plead their cause, that he may give rest to the earth, but unrest to the inhabitants of Babylon. 5

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 6

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 7

______________

1 Isa 43:1; 2 Isa 54:4,5; 3 Isa 44:22; 4 1 Pet 1:19; 5 Jer 50:34; 6 John 10:29; 7 Gal 1:3-5

No comments: