Sunday, April 17, 2011

I will raise them up a Prophet

Daily Light Devotions - April 18 - Morning

I will raise them up a Prophet ...

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. 1

while I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said: 2

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 3

Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. 4

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 5

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 6

Now Moses was faithful in all God's house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope. 7

______________

1 Deut 18:18; 2 Deut 5:5; 3 1 Tim 2:5; 4 Num 12:3; 5 Matt 11:29; 6 Phil 2:5-7; 7 Heb 3:5,6

No comments: