Monday, May 2, 2011

Be ye perfect ...

Daily Light Devotions - May 3 - Morning

Be ye perfect ...

You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 1

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, 2

You shall be holy to me, for I the LORD am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine. 3

for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 4

and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 5

who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. 6

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 7

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD! 8

But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing. 9

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! 10
______________

1 Matt 5:48;
2 Gen 17:1;
3 Lev 20:26;
4 1 Cor 6:20;
5 Col 2:10;
6 Tit 2:14;
7 2 Pet 3:14;
8 Psa 119:1;
9 James 1:25;
10 Psa 139:23,24

No comments: