Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surely the Lord is in this place

Daily Light Devotions - May 2 - Morning

Surely the Lord is in this place ...

Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it." 1

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." 2

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 3

And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 4

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! 5

"Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD. 6

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built! 7

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. 8

What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 9
______________

1 Gen 28:16;
2 Matt 18:20;
3 Matt 28:20;
4 Exo 33:14;
5 Psa 139:7,8;
6 Jer 23:23,24;
7 1 Kings 8:27;
8 Isa 57:15;
9 2 Cor 6:16

No comments: