Friday, May 27, 2011

Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity

Daily Light Devotions - May 19 - Morning

Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity.

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! 1

I will cleanse them from all the guilt of their sin against me, and I will forgive all the guilt of their sin and rebellion against me. 2

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 3

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 4

For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. 5

Yet he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make known his mighty power. 6

Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! 7
______________

1 Psa 51:2;
2 Jer 33:8;
3 Ezek 36:25;
4 John 3:5;
5 Heb 9:13,14;
6 Psa 106:8;
7 Psa 115:1

No comments: