Friday, May 27, 2011

My brethren, be strong in the Lord

Daily Light Devotions - May 21 - Morning

My brethren, be strong in the Lord ...

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 1

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2

With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. 3

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 4

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 5

For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me. 6

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 7

Then he said to them, "Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." 8

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 9
______________

1 Eph 6:10;
2 2 Cor 12:9,10;
3 Psa 71:16;
4 Rom 1:16;
5 Phil 4:13;
6 Col 1:29;
7 2 Cor 4:7;
8 Neh 8:10;
9 Col 1:11

No comments: