Monday, May 30, 2011

Oh that I had wings like a dove!

Daily Light Devotions - May 29 - Evening

Oh that I had wings like a dove
!

And I say, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; 1

When the sun rose, God appointed a scorching east wind, and the sun beat down on the head of Jonah so that he was faint. And he asked that he might die and said, "It is better for me to die than to live." 2

And Job said: "Why is light given to him who is in misery, and life to the bitter in soul, who long for death, but it comes not, and dig for it more than for hidden treasures, 3

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. 4

"Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. 5

Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. 6
______________

1 Psa 55:6;
2 Jon 4:8;
3 Job 3:2,20,21;
4 Psa 34:19;
5 John 12:27;
6 Heb 2:17,18

No comments: