Friday, May 27, 2011

I am the Lord your God

Daily Light Devotions - May 17 - Morning

I am the Lord your God ...

I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and be careful to obey my rules, 1

but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 2

whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him. 3

For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God. 4

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. 5

Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, 6

Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. 7

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. 8

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. 9
______________

1 Eze 20:19;
2 1 Pet 1:15;
3 1 John 2:6,29;
4 1 Cor 7:19;
5 James 2:10;
6 2 Cor 3:5;
7 Psa 119:33;
8 Phil 2:12,13;
9 Heb 13:20,21

No comments: