Sunday, May 8, 2011

It is I; be not afraid.

Daily Light Devotions - May 9 - Evening

It is I; be not afraid.

But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." 1

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. 2

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins. 3

And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!" Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for." 4

I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. 5

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 6
______________

1 John 6:20;
2 Rev 1:17,18;
3 Isa 43:25;
4 Isa 6:5-7;
5 Isa 44:22;
6 1 John 2:1

No comments: