Saturday, May 14, 2011

Raised up together ... in Christ Jesus

Daily Light Devotions - May 15 - Evening

Raised up together ... in Christ Jesus.

and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 1

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. 2

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 3

because we are members of his body. 4

And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 5

and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 6

Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. 7

For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 8
______________

1 Eph 2:6;
2 Rev 1:17,18;
3 John 17:24;
4 Eph 5:30;
5 Col 1:18;
6 Col 2:10;
7 Heb 2:14,15;
8 1 Cor 15:53,54

No comments: