Friday, May 27, 2011

Our Lord Jesus Christ, that great shepherd

Daily Light Devotions - May 26 - Morning

Our Lord Jesus Christ, that great shepherd ...

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 1

And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 2

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 3

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 5

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 6

I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice. 7

For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 8
______________

1 Heb 13:20;
2 1 Pet 5:4;
3 John 10:14,27,28;
4 Psa 23:1-3;
5 Isa 53:6;
6 John 10:11;
7 Eze 34:16;
8 1 Pet 2:25

No comments: