Saturday, May 14, 2011

They overcame ... by the blood of the Lamb

Daily Light Devotions - May 14 - Evening

They overcame ... by the blood of the Lamb.

And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 1

Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 2

For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. 3

For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD. The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt. 4

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 5

Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, "Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?" I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 6

and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7
______________

1 Rev 12:11;
2 Rom 8:33,34;
3 Lev 17:11;
4 Exo 12:12,13;
5 Rom 8:1;
6 Rev 7:13,14;
7 Rev 1:5,6

No comments: