Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My sheep hear my voice

Daily Light Devotions - May 11 - Evening

My sheep hear my voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 1

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 2

I slept, but my heart was awake. A sound! My beloved is knocking. "Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one, for my head is wet with dew, my locks with the drops of the night." I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had turned and gone. My soul failed me when he spoke. I sought him, but found him not; I called him, but he gave no answer. 3

And the LORD came and stood, calling as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant hears." 4

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today." So he hurried and came down and received him joyfully. 5

Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly. 6
______________

1 John 10:27;
2 Rev 3:20;
3 Sol 5:2,6;
4 1 Sa 3:10;
5 Luke 19:5,6;
6 Psa 85:8

No comments: