Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I have glorified thee on the earth

Daily Light Devotions - May 4 - Evening

I have glorified thee on the earth.

I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 1

Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. 2

We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 3

And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" And they did not understand the saying that he spoke to them. 4

But when Jesus heard it he said, "This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it." Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" 5

And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man. 6

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased." 7

And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth. And they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?" 8

And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." 9
______________

1 John 17:4;
2 John 4:34;
3 John 9:4;
4 Luke 2:49,50;
5 John 11:4,40;
6 Luke 2:52;
7 Luke 3:22;
8 Luke 4:22;
9 Rev 5:9,10

No comments: