Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ye that make mention of the LORD

Daily Light Devotions - May 8 - Evening

Ye that make mention of the LORD, ...

On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have set watchmen; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent. You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, 1

And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." 2

And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets. The trumpets shall be to you for a perpetual statute throughout your generations. And when you go to war in your land against the adversary who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, that you may be remembered before the LORD your God, and you shall be saved from your enemies. 3

I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in vain.' I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right. 4

Then the priests and the Levites arose and blessed the people, and their voice was heard, and their prayer came to his holy habitation in heaven. 5

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. 6

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 7

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! 8

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God! 9

waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 10
______________

1 Isa 62:6;
2 Rev 5:9,10;
3 Num 10:8,9;
4 Isa 45:19;
5 2 Chron 30:27;
6 Psa 34:15;
7 James 5:16;
8 Rev 22:20;
9 Psa 40:17;
10 2 Pet 3:12

No comments: