Friday, May 27, 2011

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you

Daily Light Devotions - May 22 - Morning

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 1

And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 2

Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather! 3

But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 4

But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her." 5

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. 6

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." 7

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all. 8

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. 9
______________

1 John 14:27;
2 1 John 2:17;
3 Psa 39:6;
4 Rom 6:21;
5 Luke 10:41,42;
6 1 Cor 7:32;
7 John 16:33;
8 2 Thess 3:16;
9 Num 6:24-26

No comments: