Saturday, May 7, 2011

It pleased the Lord to bruise him

Daily Light Devotions - May 8 - Morning

It pleased the Lord to bruise him ...

Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 1

"Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." 2

saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done." And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. 3

but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 4

For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 5

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 6

So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?" 7

And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him." 8

and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." 9

Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. 10
______________

1 Isa 53:10;
2 John 12:27,28;
3 Luke 22:42,43;
4 Phil 2:8;
5 John 10:17;
6 John 6:38;
7 John 18:11;
8 John 8:29;
9 Matt 3:17;
10 Isa 42:1

No comments: