Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jehovahshammah: The LORD is there

Daily Light Devotions - May 1 - Evening

Jehovahshammah: The LORD is there.

The circumference of the city shall be 18,000 cubits. And the name of the city from that time on shall be, The LORD Is There." 1

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 2

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. 3

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 4

But Judah shall be inhabited forever, and Jerusalem to all generations. I will avenge their blood, blood I have not avenged, for the LORD dwells in Zion." 5

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for behold, I come and I will dwell in your midst, declares the LORD. 6

No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 7
______________

1 Eze 48:35;
2 Rev 21:3,22,23;
3 Psa 17:15;
4 Psa 73:25;
5 Joe 3:20,21;
6 Zec 2:10;
7 Rev 22:3

No comments: