Friday, May 27, 2011

Jesus Christ our Lord

Daily Light Devotions - May 21 - Evening

Jesus Christ our Lord.

God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 2

but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 3

The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things." 4

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 5

Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 6

Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!" 7

You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. 8
______________

1 1 Cor 1:9;
2 Matt 1:21;
3 Phil 2:8-10;
4 John 4:25;
5 Isa 61:1;
6 1 Cor 15:45,47;
7 John 20:28;
8 John 13:13-15

No comments: