Saturday, May 14, 2011

My heart panteth, my strength faileth me

Daily Light Devotions - May 13 - Evening

My heart panteth, my strength faileth me.

My heart throbs; my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes--it also has gone from me. 1

To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. Of David. Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 2

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 3

But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" 4

If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. 5

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. 6

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy. 7

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 8
______________

1 Psa 38:10;
2 Psa 61:1,2;
3 2 Cor 12:9,10;
4 Matt 14:30,31;
5 Prov 24:10;
6 Isa 40:29;
7 Deut 33:27;
8 Col 1:11

No comments: