Sunday, May 15, 2011

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel

Daily Light Devotions - May 16 - Evening

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel.

I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. 1

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 2

I have counsel and sound wisdom; I have insight; I have strength. 3

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 4

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 5

I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. 6

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. 7

Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. 8

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. 9

A man's steps are from the LORD; how then can man understand his way? 10

You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. 11

that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever. 12
______________

1 Psa 16:7;
2 Isa 9:6;
3 Prov 8:14;
4 Psa 119:105;
5 Prov 3:5,6;
6 Jer 10:23;
7 Isa 30:21;
8 Prov 16:3;
9 Job 23:10;
10 Prov 20:24;
11 Psa 73:24;
12 Psa 48:14

No comments: