Sunday, May 15, 2011

A servant of Jesus Christ

Daily Light Devotions - May 16 - Morning

A servant of Jesus Christ.

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 1

You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 2

If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 3

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 4

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 5

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 6

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 7

So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. 8

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 9
______________

1 Rom 1:1;
2 John 13:13;
3 John 12:26;
4 Matt 11:29,30;
5 Phil 3:7;
6 Rom 6:22;
7 John 15:15;
8 Gal 4:7;
9 Gal 5:1,13

No comments: