Monday, May 30, 2011

Thou hearest me always

Daily Light Devotions - May 30 - Evening

Thou hearest me always.

I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." 1

So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 2

Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." 3

Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'" 4

saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done." 5

By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 6

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 7

and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. 8

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. 9

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 10

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 11
______________

1 John 11:42;
2 John 11:41;
3 John 12:28;
4 Heb 10:7;
5 Luke 22:42;
6 1 John 4:17;
7 1 John 5:14;
8 1 John 3:22;
9 Heb 11:6;
10 Heb 7:25;
11 1 John 2:1

No comments: