Friday, May 27, 2011

... hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire

Daily Light Devotions - May 25 - Evening

... hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire.

"And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: 'The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 1

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds." 2

You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence. 3

And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, "Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly. 4

But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man. 5

For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. 6

a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. 7

But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 8

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 9
______________

1 Rev 2:18;
2 Jer 17:9,10;
3 Psa 90:8;
4 Luke 22:61,62;
5 John 2:24,25;
6 Psa 103:14;
7 Isa 42:3;
8 2 Tim 2:19;
9 John 10:14,27,28

No comments: