Friday, May 27, 2011

I will go and return to my place

Daily Light Devotions - May 24 - Evening

I will go and return to my place ...

I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me. 1

but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. 2

I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had turned and gone. My soul failed me when he spoke. I sought him, but found him not; I called him, but he gave no answer. 3

Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry, I struck him; I hid my face and was angry, but he went on backsliding in the way of his own heart. I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, 4

Have you not brought this upon yourself by forsaking the LORD your God, when he led you in the way? 5

And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 6

I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them. 7

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 8
______________

1 Hos 5:15;
2 Isa 59:2;
3 Sol 5:6;
4 Isa 57:17,18;
5 Jer 2:17;
6 Luke 15:20;
7 Hos 14:4;
8 1 John 1:9

No comments: