Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened

Daily Light Devotions - May 4 - Morning

Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened ...

Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; 1

On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased. 2

while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the first, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice. 3

Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! 4

But you, O LORD, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid! 5

'Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. 6

He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. 7

And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" 8
______________

1 Isa 59:1;
2 Psa 138:3;
3 Dan 9:21;
4 Psa 27:9;
5 Psa 22:19;
6 Jer 32:17;
7 2 Cor 1:10;
8 Luke 18:7,8;

No comments: