Sunday, May 1, 2011

The fruit of the Spirit is ... peace

Daily Light Devotions - May 1 - Morning

The fruit of the Spirit is ... peace.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 1

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 2

But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. 3

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 4

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 5

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 6

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. 7

And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places. 8

but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster." 9

Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble. 10
______________

1 Gal 5:22;
2 Rom 8:6;
3 1 Cor 7:15;
4 John 14:27;
5 Rom 15:13;
6 2 Tim 1:12;
7 Isa 26:3;
8 Isa 32:17,18;
9 Prov 1:33;
10 Psa 119:165

No comments: